Happy New Year to all!! We hope everyone had a great holiday and is kicking off 2016 refreshed and excited to get on the ice. A few key updates:
1) The Club‘s annual meeting will take place on Tuesday,January 19th, 5:30 pm at the YMCA, in the Loft meeting room on the 2nd floor. We will be electing new Board members as well as providing an overview of the year, including financials. We hope all Club members will make an effort to be there! You are welcome to bring your kids if need be. We will be sending out a ballot with the proposed Board members within the next few days. If you cannot attend the meeting in person, please return the ballot my email or drop it in the envelope at the ice rink office no later than Saturday,January 17th. We are still seeking Board member candidates!!!! We cannot keep the Club going without greater involvement from parents of young skaters in particular, so please consider serving — if you have questions, contact Trina Peters (email@example.com.)
2) The Winter Games are coming up soon! The competition will take place on Saturday, February 13th, with a test session to follow on the 14th. Please spread the word, especially to skaters from other clubs in Idaho and Utah. Registration for both events is through Entryeeze and will be open in a day or two. Deadline to register for the competition is January 25th and the test session, February 1st. We also need volunteers for a variety of roles for both days. A sign-up sheet will be on the bulletin board and we will be emailing all parents as well.
3) The Club will be offering FREE ice rink time to all members every Tuesday, 3:00-5:00 beginning January12th and ending April 5th. This is one of the greatest benefits of being a member of the Club so we hope skaters will take advantage! For safety reasons, these sessions are ONLY for skaters who training — they are not for skating for fun with friends and goofing off. To that end, we are seeking a parent volunteer to serve as ice monitor during the Club ice sessions. PARENTS – please contact Jen Silva (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Trina (email@example.com) if you can serve as a monitor during those times – the job is to ensure that any kids who are not focused and training be asked to skate outside instead. (As a reminder, the Club ice is for the indoor rink only, not the outdoor rink).
4) We owe a huge thank you to Holly Wheeler and the other parents who helped arrange and oversee the holiday party and award ceremony. Congratulations to all who completed the Skate with Us program, those who performed an exhibition and the 2015 award winners:
- Herman Maricich Award for Outstanding Achievement (Juvenile-Senior): Alex Stuessi
- Daisy Langley Award for Outstanding Achievement (Pre-preliminary-Juvenile): Sheldon Gentling
- Judy Fuller Award for Outstanding Sportsmanship (Juvenile- Senior): Katie Peters
- USFS Gold Medal, Moves in the Field – Grace Hoffman
- USFS Gold Medal, Moves in the Field – Sheldon Gentling
5) The indoor rink will be CLOSED February 1-8 for a convention, so plan accordingly. There will be NO Club ice that week.