August 2018 Board Meeting Minutes

Meeting on Wednesday, August 15th

  • Members in Attendance: Andrea, Neil, Jan, Jen, Robyn, Annie V., Kim H.
  • Members absent: Annie L
    • Meeting Commenced @ 6:02 pm.
  • Review Financials
    • We took in over 10k from June to July from the competition. Why is this not reflected in the most recent cash balance?
    • IJS rental will be a normal competition expense.
    • Annual reports do not need to be filed until Nov. 15, we are good.
    • SVCo labor, worthwhile. $1200 for judges food was awesome.
    • Need to allocate more $ for judges boarding.
    • Snack Bar – Competition and Ice Show should be included in one item on balance sheet.
    • Test session income/expenses will be included in August financials.
    • Jen asked board members to commit to more volunteer time for comps.
    • Neil M. recommended a competition manual on how to run the comp.
      • Hire an assistant to track the the steps and put them into the manual to create institutional knowledge and pass it along.
      • Create a job description and checklist, who to call, etc. for each role.
    • Summer Competition Recap
      • Need more help from volunteers
      • Numbers were way up
      • Good income
    • Jen would like Board Committees
      • Volunteer Committee
        • Jan and Annie L. to being creating a volunteer outreach list
        • Brainstorm associations and groups to outreach to.
          • Announcing for comps, etc.
        • Imogen is the Volunteer of the Year – 24 punch Freestyle Session Card. Turn this into something super cool.
      • Hospitality Committee
        • In charge of snack bar and judges food
        • Andrea J.
      • Marketing Commitee
        • Jen E, Kim H, Robyn A.
      • Summer Test Sessions
        • 85 tests on the books
        • Jen to create a manual for volunteers
        • More $ for the club!
      • Safe Sport Board Compliance
        • All board members need to do it. Make sure you have your USFSA # and allocate time for it. Takes around 3 hours. Background check required. Can be broken into sections. Encourage parents to do take it as well. Cost, $20.00 – Club will reimburse board members.
        • Available on the USFSA website
        • Possibly have a class for older club kids.
        • Neil to draft an email and Jen to add a link to the SVFSC Website.
        • Anyone teaching the kids should take this – off ice coaches, yoga instructors, etc.
        • This is important.
      • Membership Benefits
        • Robyn and Jen would like to put more Club $$$ towards sponsoring off ice training sessions
        • Do we expand into more groups (eg. little kids) and fitness (eg. creative movement dance) offerings?
        • Re-evaluate in September. Board to bring more set in stone idea for classes at next board meeting.
      • New Business
        • Hailey Ice access during 2019 Summer Comp? Now is the time to start the conversation.
        • Bex Wilkinson has given $2000 more to he The Club. 1k for scholarship, 1k for member benefits.
        • Battle of the Blades name might be off the table, so we need to consider a new name.
          • Neil M. willing to take on the job of getting the initial wheels in motion for the event.
        • Executive Session
          • N/A

Meeting Adjourned: 7:00pm