SVSFC Mins – Board Meeting – Thursday January 10, 2019
- Members in Attendance: Jen E. Neil M. Kim H.. Robin A. Jan H.
- Members absent – Annie L, Annie V, Andrea J
- SV Rink Rep: Scott Irvine
- Learn to Skate Expansion Discussion took place. How do we pursue new opportunities to expand program and create a better conversion rate to to club members and new skater? L2S 2. Scholarship opps?
- L2S Broke even
- Budget Discussion
- Jackets – loss. Will continue to be if we keep subsidizing it. $1000/year. This is an acceptable expense. Move to benefit or marketing line.
- Summer Comp. brought in $$
- Winter Games. brought in $$
- Skate Swap move to misc.
Discussion to place on how to allocate club funds for member benefits:
- $150 for entry fees to those who have been members 2 years or more (beginning of 3rd year). This needs to be thought through in more detail. But is a great idea. Deadlines for application.
- Scholarship or gift based on achievement/merit – submit an application for compensation for bigger comps – travel, lodging. etc. Define parameters and criteria for approval. Can these funds come from Scholarship?
Jen recommended that we never have more than 100k in the operating account. Move $10k to scholarship and $6k to pay off potential ’19 expenses. Neil M. made the motion to approve, Jan 2nd. all in favor.
Move to Approve: Neil M. to approve 2019 budget as amended. Andrea 2nd. All in favor.
New Board Nomination – Hollis Zimmer. Jan nominated – all approve. Need her bio.
Winter Games – Feb. 23rd and 24th. New referee.
Volunteers – Jan and Annie in charge – board members to recommend organizations to reach out to. Organize a separate announcing group. 10 people. Scott will train.
- Possible Announcers
- Theater Group
- Old folks home
Hiring someone to work with Jen to create a “Completion How to Book”. Then hiring an event planner to run the event in future years.
- Wedding planners or assistant.
- Person needs to be very detailed and trained well.
Summer Games – July 15 – 22.
- Start Planning now
Meeting Sched. Thursdays at 6:15. Robin A. will publish board meeting dates on the Newsletter.
Neil motioned to adjourn. Jen 2nd. All in favor.
Meeting Adjourned: 7:27 pm